Wanted nice blue or some call it aqua blue eggs .

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by khoros, Feb 27, 2009.

1. khoros

khoros Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2008
    Orlando ,Florida
    with good hatching rate please.

2. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

If you are looking for a good hatch rate try to find someone local. Shipped eggs avarage about 30%.
    Good luck.

3. khoros

khoros Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2008
    Orlando ,Florida
    Wow, that is low.some people claim 70 to 80% hatch from shipping.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I had 41 eggs in the bator. 37 were shipped. 4 of my own.

At day 18 I had 22 eggs that were still viable. (all shipped, none of my own)

I hatched 12 chicks. 30% of total, 32% of the shipped eggs.

5. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    Odds are you won't get better than 50%. Claims of higher are not entirely true. It's not impossible but it's not likely. If your getting shipped eggs you should order twice as many as the number of chicks you want to be certain.

6. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    I beg to differ. I have had reports of my eggs shipping to people with MUCH higher that 50 % hatch rate. mater of fact I was just told by cutiepieacres that out of the eggs I shipped her I think she recieved 36...27 of those hatched. I am sure that some were cracked before she set them but you will have to verify with her.

Oh BTW when I shipped out the last batch of eggs to cutiepie acres it was -30 degrees here in alaska!

7. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:You can not set strict percentage hatching rate on shipped eggs.
    There is just too many factors involved, main factor being handling by USPS.

My experience with shipping eggs varied from almost 0 hatch on shipped Serama eggs to about 65-70% on shipped large fowl eggs.

As a rule get 2 times more eggs than the # of chicks, you want.
    If you get more than 50% good for you!

8. Quote:Do you mean you want eggs with a good fertility rate , not good hatch rate i would say ? sry if i am wrong.

Cause with hatch rates it all depends on fertility rate . Hatch rate though you never can tell cause it depens on shipping , how the eggs were handle by everybody involved , how you do your incubator and etc. So can't really gaurentee a hatch rate only the eggs fertility as a seller.

The seller however can tell you their hatch rate on there test run but it still doesnt gaurentee the buyer a hatch rate percentage.Everybody that hatches eggs from the same chicken stock will get a different hatch rate usually. [​IMG]

This is just my way of thinkin .[​IMG]

9. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    I think hatch rates of shipped eggs are in the HANDS of the post office, I have had 100 hatch rate(1 time), but more often have had 0 hatch rate when the post office decided to practice for the upcoming soccer game using my box of eggs. How a box can arrive with all sides reading FRAGILE, yet all sides being smashed in is beyond me. And to think I paid EXTRA for that service. [​IMG]

10. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Well i can say the PO has done Justice for us for some time.. In most cases its been averaging 65% to 99%.

all packing is not equal..Of course there's no real protection from internal egg damage other than none dropping and tossing of packages..

Charlie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by