Wanted-NJ-clean legged Silkies

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by araucanasmom, Mar 17, 2009.

1. araucanasmom

araucanasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2008
    Southern NJ
    I happened to get a clean legged Silkie from Ideal and now I want to breed more of them-easier to keep clean.
    Does anyone else have some?

edited 3/20/09
    Any color except white thanks.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Thats because Ideals stock is inferior, and probably crossed with anything that clucks... Most Silkies are going to be feather footed, some more than others.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
  3. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I have some from ideal, they dont have much feathering. they are 4 weeks old. I should be in Boonton the last Sunday in march or you can pick up in NY if you are interested.

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Make your own! LOL Will take some time as feathered legs are a dominant trait... but you can do it [​IMG] I say why not! LOL A silky feathered bird with clean legs. Not a bad idea .... especially in muddy climates [​IMG]

5. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    I didn't realize that there could be clean-legged Silkies. However, if that's a trait that you desire in a Silkie, I'm sure that there are many people on the board who have such birds.

Suzy

[​IMG]

6. noriko

noriko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    N E Pennsylvania
    I think I have some PQ white silkie hens(They are non-bearded) like that. they still have little feather on their leggs, though. but, not like my bearded blue or splash silkies from the Breeder. If you are interested in them, let me know. I'm from N.E. Pa. Noriko.

7. araucanasmom

araucanasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2008
    Southern NJ
    Quote:Sorry, Boonton is 130 miles from me. Thanks for the offer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by