Wanted non show quality bantam ducks.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by butlerk, Feb 24, 2012.

1. butlerk

butlerk New Egg

Apr 24, 2011
    Henry, TN
    Hello, I live in West TN and would like to buy some Bantam or Call Ducks. This is for my hobby. I prefer pet quality ducks. I don't go to shows, I just love the small ducks on my mini farm.

2. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Why would you pass on show quality ducks if that is what is offered to you? It's OK to have good quality ducks and not show them.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey

X 2 other than the possible difference in initial cost, it doesn't cost any more to feed and maintain high quality birds than poorer quality birds. [​IMG]

4. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    X3

Im getting SQ ducks. And dont have any plans on showing them.

5. butlerk

butlerk New Egg

Apr 24, 2011
    Henry, TN
    It is because of the price. I just hate to pay over 10 or 12 dollars on a grown duck. Most ducklings from a hatchery for bantam ducks start out day old 12 to 14 dollars and they are straight run. I do love the little bitty ducks and have a pair of snowys and pieds and several white males. Only the snowys have the small bills and round head. All of the other have short legs but their bills are longer and head not as round. I just really need some females. I have raised Mallards for the past 4 years and love them but something about the calls are so much fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by