Wanted: Old Buff Orpington Hens or Rooster

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by norwich, Apr 9, 2009.

1. norwich

norwich Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2009
    My five-year old Buff Orpington rooster died recently. His two remaining hens (one is five, one is seven) are completely and utterly lost without him. I don't think it's wise to introduce these old, retired girls to a young rooster so I wonder if anyone has an old, non-laying Buff Orp hen or hens or maybe an old, old Buff Orp rooster they'd like to re-home, perhaps we could talk. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
  2. Nivrocco

Nivrocco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    S.W. VA
    Sorry...I only have really young ones, Good Luck in finding them a pal, and if you know of anyone looking for a young roo, send them my way

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  3. rhondapiper

rhondapiper Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd suggest adding your location to your post, and explaining that you're willing to drive a long way to get the right roo.

4. norwich

Apr 8, 2009
    Thank you. I am in upstate New York and will to drive a long way to pick up older Buff Orp hen or rooster. My girls are still very sad despite my best efforts to cheer them up.

5. chickenphile

chickenphile Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Feura Bush, NY
    PM sent. I have a couple of older hens for you if interested.

Thanks
    Chris

6. norwich

Apr 8, 2009
    Chris,

Thank you for your reply and your offer. Did your two hens lose their rooster as well? Do you have a picture of the unknown hen? I am in Norwich, one hour north of Binghamton.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    where are you at?? ooh, sorry, i just saw where you are located..i have a young buff orp roo...hes a beauty..;o)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  8. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Sent you a PM. I'm sorry for your loss and know how attached these guys get to each other. Let me know if I can help. [​IMG]

9. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    I have been following this thread, hoping someone gets these girls a nice roo soon. So sorry for your loss, norwich. Good of you to look after your gals so well.

Please keep us posted on how this works out - - we'd be interested to know.

- Jenski, formerly known as "Livonia, NY Jenski" [​IMG]

10. norwich

Apr 8, 2009
    What is the proper introduction process -- new hens and rooster to existing hens? Is there a right way or wrong way?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by