Wanted OLD ENGLISH Bantam For Daughters 4-h !!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Farmlife4me, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Farmlife4me

Farmlife4me Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2009
    Old Town, Florida
    I am looking for a really nice OLD ENGLISH Bantam for my daughters 4-H .... I would like to get a hen with the " dolly parton chest" and that will keep their tail feathers wide and spanned out something that will catch the judges eyes (she is doing showmanship)....please email me and let me know what you have and if you have pics. THANKS A BUNCH !!!![​IMG]

1 hubby ,3 girls ,2 dogs , 3 hogs , 16 chickens [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    [​IMG] from central Florida! I don't have bantams yet (although I have OEGB eggs in my incubator! [​IMG] ), but Cindy Kinard is the American Bantam Association youth leader here in Florida, and she would be able to send you a breeder's list to help you find an OEGB for your daughter:

Cindy Kinard
    5034 SE Taylor Rd.
    Arcadia, FL 34266
    863-494-3770
    [email protected]

I met her at a BYC seminar, show, and swap in Gainesville last month (she judged the show) and she's super nice! Here's the link discussing the seminar/show/swap:
    GAINESVILLE, FL~Seminar/show/sale~

BYC members dixiechick and sunshinesilkies both have kids in 4-H who show OEGB (their birds are show winners), and they could help you , too. You could send them a PM. Again, welcome to BYC; you're going to love this forum! [​IMG]

3. Farmlife4me

Oct 27, 2009
    Old Town, Florida
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH !! yes dixiechick is my daughters 4-H LEADER [​IMG] AND SUNSHINESILKIE SOLD OUT OF HER BANTAMS AT THE LAST SWAP [​IMG] ... BUT I REALLY DO THANK YOU FOR THE INFOR. HAVE A GREAT DAY !!! [​IMG]

4. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    FloridaOE has some. I got lemon bluesfrom him. Not sure what other colors he has. He is in Polk City, FL. I have Barred OEGB hatching soon [​IMG] I love them! Toooo cute~

5. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    Quote:It's a small world, huh? [​IMG] You might also be able to find something at the Inverness show this coming Saturday (Nov. 14th); I'm going just to see all the chickens! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  6. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    I have two quads of BB Reds we picked up fom the Fayetville show last weekend you can take your pick from them or I have Black Brassy back chicks available as well.

7. Farmlife4me

Oct 27, 2009
    Old Town, Florida
    [​IMG] I have some great news ! My daughters 4-H leader emailed me and said that she had some OEGB for her if we wnated them !! and we said YES [​IMG] !! That just made our day , so now we have some OEGB to raise and breed !! [​IMG] And now she can practice her for showmanship ! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by