Wanted: Olive Egger pullets & blue egg-gened cockerel (ee/amer.) E. TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by georgialee, Aug 31, 2009.

1. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I'd love around 3 pullets that will lay olive eggs (I don't want really young chicks... must be able to go outside). I'm also looking for a cockerel that has the blue egg gene. He must be non-agressive, a looker and good to the girls. [​IMG]

2. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    This guy is looking for a home:

[​IMG]

He's a cuckoomaraneraucana - $20

I have some pet quality true araucana cockerels available too. You'd have to pay shipping.

3. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    I just posted these 2 EE boys.Both are fine with kids-would rather avoid them acutally won't come at anyone with any attitude and they live with 9 other roosters so they play well with the other roosters..mine seldom have a disagreement and if they do it's over quick and never mean.I have not tried these with my girls yet but no doubt what they are and should carry the pretty egg genes. Oh the second picture is a bit shadowy he has green tail feathers.Just too many of these and my kids have their favorite.I'll consider any offers and willing to meet within reason.Both are early spring chicks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. georgialee

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    BRF - I'd love him but don't want to spend the $ on shipping. [​IMG]

HBuehler - any chance you could get me a couple more pictures of them??? [​IMG]

5. HBuehler

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    I will try..both are pretty camera shy [​IMG]

6. georgialee

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I just want to see the colors better. [​IMG]

You don't by any chance have any bantam cockerel ee's as well do you?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  7. HBuehler

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Sorry only 1 bantam here..my leghorn hen was broody and took 8 eggs to hatch before I got her and I got all of "her" chicks with her..1 is little bantam cute as can be.
    Here are more pictures.He has food all over his face but it was breakfast time [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is the other guy.He needs a bath so bad but where is our summer weather? Still can't get that dark green to show up well at all in his tail.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. georgialee

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Okay, I'm definitely interested in the first one - he's so pretty! How's his crow? (not that that matters, just curious [​IMG] ) I should be able to get rid of my excess roos in the next couple of days and then I'll pm you.. hopefully you'll still have him. What's your zip code? I'm in Knoxville and when I put lebanon in mapquest it came up with 4 different locations, lol! Thanks!

Oh, and did you hatch him, or is he from a hatchery??? thx

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  9. HBuehler

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Well neither has ever said a word here.Only my leghorns and Minorca's crow. My JG's Delawares and the EE's just look at us and caulk their little heads-probably because the others never shut up [​IMG]
    He came from a breeder here-down near Shelbyville I got him before they could be sexed and I'm now going on the much larger comb and red than my" I know are pullets" since he doesn't crow.
    I'm about 2.5 hours from you the Wilson County Lebanon-why they do that I have no idea there is only one in this state..just about 45 minutes East of Nashville about 40 miles west of Cookeville

10. georgialee

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Okay, well let me get my roos out of here and we can decide where to meet... how far are you willing to drive? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by