WANTED: olive eggers!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by coloradoquail, Dec 2, 2013.

1. coloradoquail

coloradoquail New Egg

Aug 14, 2013
    I'm new to posting and I am in search of some olive eggers. I can't seem to find anyone setting eggs now or early in the year, but I would be willing to pay in advance for a custom hatch.

I tried to post in the classifieds, but was unable...so I am hoping that this call for chicks isn't outside of the forum guidelines.

Let me know if you have got some chicks coming up! Thank you!

2. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

I think you might have better luck posting a "wanted" ad over in the classified section--whichever one best matches what age you're looking for.

Otherwise, I recently saw that Meyer Hatchery is now offering Olive Eggers--looks like the earliest they'd be available is March.

ETA: sorry, re-read that you couldn't post in the classifieds, I guess I originally thought you meant your local classifieds.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  3. fosterson

fosterson Chillin' With My Peeps

Another, perhaps quicker way, is to find the Colorado residents' thread and ask there if anyone has em. Theoretically, anyone with hens that lay blue or green eggs and a rooster from a brown egg breed can make olive eggers, but those with Black Copper Marans sires apparently have really dark eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by