WANTED: Only 2 - 3 silkie bantam hen chicks... what website will ship this few? (Maine)

JaimeRoxMySox

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 6, 2013
I only want 2 silkie hens but willing to buy 3 in hopes it'd keep the chicks more comfortable during shipping. Do you know of any website that will ship 3 baby chicks? So far the ones I've run into don't have any more silkies available for the summer. It'd be even better if I can find a farmer in Maine that will ship or let me pick them up. Less time for them to be in a box! Thank you in advanced for any advice :)

Big yellow

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
Hmm, I don't know of any websites that will send that few. The reason for this is that the chicks have to be able to keep warm so they can arrive safely. I know of a feed store that sells silkies in my area, but i'm nowhere near Maine. Have you checked feed stores? Maybe you could buy them from a farmers market? I got two of mine from a market.

Last edited:

olijo123

Songster
6 Years
Jun 10, 2013
WV
I know a hatchery that sells that many! Its called Mypetchicken.com. You have to order a minimum of 3 chicks. They sex them also so you can get females. They are a bit pricey though. I just got done looking at their Silkies and the only issue is that they are sold out for summer. You could look on craigslist for your area or people here on BYC. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

keesmom

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 28, 2008
MA
MyPetChicken is the only hatchery that offers sexed silkie chicks. If you want pullets then they will be your only option. They do ship small orders. If you buy locally or from any other hatchery then chicks are straight run, and you will have to wait 3+ months to determine sexes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom