Wanted Orpington Hens

Tony

Songster
Jan 16, 2008
Connecticut
Hello All,
New guy on the block here. I am looking for orpington hens. I have 2, six month old blue roosters and need hens/pullets. If you or someone you know can help me out, i`d appreciate it. thank you Tony

Tony,
Im in CT and Im in teh process of hatching some orp chicks. If you interested let me know....

otherwise, you can go to the auction in Durham and occasionally they have orpingtons.

Hi Tiffany,
Miss Sue told me about you. (all wonderful i assure you). I "adopted" a beautiful blue orpington rooster from her just last week, she told me it had come from you. I definately, beyond the shadow of a doubt am interested in the chicks you are hatching out.
Let me know when they are available, then put the sold tag on them. Thank you so much!!! Tony

oops, I forgot to ask , when is/are the Durham auctions. Is there a site with a schedule or something? thanks tony

Every Monday they auction of birds at 3:30. (I think youd find it online as Middlesex livestock auction). That is where my first few birds came from!

Ill be in touch--19 days to go (feels like a lifetime right now)

Oh Tony, did Miss Sue end up having two blue roos or did you already have one?

Last edited:
I will look into it, sounds good.
Miss Sue gave me one rooster, I already had the other one. I had purchased him, a blue hen and a black hen from a really nice guy out in WI. off of a Poultry Auction site here on line. I won`t say the name, because i don`t know that i`m allowed to. But i know that you know what i mean. I lost the 2 hens to an angry Blue slate tom turkey.
woohoo!! 19 days to go! it`ll be here before you know it.
smile.png
How many eggs are in the incubator? thanks Tony

Well, I have
12 NN Bantams
12 Frizzles
and 8 or so of my own which are fro a pen with 1 black orp, two blue orps and 2 RIR. If you want, you can come get some fertile eggs and hatch some of your own!!!
smile.png
Otherwise, I will canle this weekend and see how my orps are doing. it is my first fertility test for those guys so Im curious. I know my roo is doing his job so Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Here is my roo
100.jpg

and my blue hen is on the left in this one....(I have two buffs too)
095.jpg

Tiffany

Unfortunately I don`t have an incubator, YET! I stress YET!! otherwise i would take you up on the eggs offer. When i do get one, i will definately be interested in trying to hatch some orpington eggs. Of the 8 eggs from your orp and RIR coop, do you know whos eggs are whos? did you mark which ones are which? Tony

Unfortunatley, I did not. But the andulasians lay white eggs, so it is not theirs. SO the only brown layers I have are 3 orps (1 blue/black splash and 2 buffs) and 2 RIR. So if it comes out buff, it is an orp, if it comes out blue or black it is an orp and if it comes out brown it is MOST likely an RIRxOrp.

If you want more specific though I can just let me RIR free range and pick up the eggs as the orps lay during the day, since the on ly roo I have in there is a splash orp. WOuld you rather do that? I can do that in the upcoming months and hatch them for you if you'd like. Heck, we can do both!!!
smile.png
(Oky, Im getting out of control!!)

Also, if you want more specfic types rather than crosses, hinkjc, speckled hen and some others I cant think of right now on the forum have beautiful birds!

Time to make/buy an incubator!!
smile.png

Hi tiffany,
I would be completely happy with ANY orpingtons you have available, no need to rearrange things and free roam RIR just to accomadate me. hehe! Unless you insist?? j/k!!
Thanks 18 days to go!! woohoo!!!!

Back
Top Bottom