Wanted: Pair of White Silkie Hens in Eugene, Oregon

xmissjadie

Songster
8 Years
Mar 14, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
I'm looking for a pair of white silkie hens to keep as a pets.

I have been raising chickens for the past 10 years and am very experienced. I have 2 pairs of silkies at the moment but there is a rooster in both pairs. They haven't started crowing yet but when they do I will have to find them a new home as I don't want to upset my neighbors.

I would like the hens to have been hand raised and tame since they will be pets. I hand raise all of my chickens and they are comfortable with being held and hand fed treats such as bread. This would be great if the pair would be able to do this.

Thank you so much,
Jade

[email protected]

I am in the Lincoln City, Oregon area. I have a pair of white silkie hens I have been considering rehoming. They are great girls, but I have to manage my numbers. They are both 11 mo0nths old right now. They both lay well, but one is currently broody. I can post a few pics of them for you if you like? I do love these girls, and would only consider rehoming them to a nice home where they will be pets....and never dinner.
smile.png
They were both hand raised....easy to handle, enjoy attention, very social. Let me know if you are still looking and maybe we can work something out.
smile.png

Yes, pictures would be wonderful! And they would be strictly pets. I treat my animals as if they were my children, so you don't have to worry about them being dinner! :]]

Okay, here are some pics of my 2 girls....Bebe and Bobbi. They are both healthy and totally parasite free. I just checked them over a couple of days ago. They are sweet and people friendly. Let me know if you are interested and we'll see if we can work something out.
smile.png

This one is feeling broody today. Bebe.
82361_white_silkies_026.jpg

82361_white_silkies_021.jpg

82361_white_silkies_020.jpg

This one is running around with her friends. Bobbi. She is currently molting, so she is having a bad hair day.
82361_white_silkies_004.jpg

82361_white_silkies_036.jpg

82361_white_silkies_037.jpg

82361_white_silkies_038.jpg

Does that mean you would like them?
smile.png
If so, I would be happy to make arrangements with you. You can let me know on this thread, or send me a PM to work out the details. No pressure.... but let me know. They are definately very sweet girls. They are 11 months old right now...hatched June 7th 2010. They are used to human interaction and used to being spoiled pets.
smile.png

Yes I would. Will you be in the Eugene area anytime soon? I'm in no rush if you aren't in the area soon, I can always make a trip out to you as well. :]]

Back
Top Bottom