Wanted: Pet Quality Lavender Silkies

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by twixerella, May 8, 2009.

1. twixerella

twixerella Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Louisa
    I am hatchig silkie eggs in an incubator but i doubt any of them will be lavender. I would really like to have a lavender silkie as they are very pretty. I was wondering if anyone had any lavender silkie chicks or even adults that they would like to sell. They would'nt have to be show quality just pet quality.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  2. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    I'm looking for some too. So I will be watching. Although I doubt anyone has any.

3. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    I have as yet to see a photo of a lavender anything... what do they look like?

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I have lavenders-3 lav silkies roos!!! I thought I had at least a girl-so the smaller one Im holding out for it to be a girl-even though it has tiny wattles...
    [​IMG]

heres one of them! they look more greyish right now-but they do have purple looking ears lol...

5. Happy Chicken Mama

Happy Chicken Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    You can order them as day olds from ideal hatchery in texas.

They are pet quality for sure but the color is LOVELY!

Do a google search... there are a few people selling pet quality lavenders. Their stock comes from ideal mostly so I would just order directly from them. I am sure there would be other people willing to go in on the order with you if you don't want as many as their minimum order number.

Good Luck!

6. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    Ideal is sold out until 2010

7. trueblueshowgirl

trueblueshowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    maine
    There's one fs on Eggbid.

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I got mine from Ideal--I guess I got lucky this year?

9. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

There ARE no pet quality lavender Silkies. Even "Pet Quality" Lavender Silkies end up in a breeding pen. They aren't plentiful enough yet to have "PQ" birds, and those that are, are usually from hatchery stock.

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Can you explain this a little better for me--I assumed pet quality meant-not good enough for SQ-pet quality to me is just keepers for pets, fun , and amusement?... What would make my 3 Lav roos pet quality? what are they considered? I don't show birds I just like to have them for their unique charactersitics.. now Im confused.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by