Wanted:PIC of Dark Cornish X White Laced Red Cornish

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Southerngirl, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    If anyone has a pic I am curious what the cross will be. I ended up with 3 WLRC hens and I already raise the Dark Cornish and wanted to cross. Thank you so much!

2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Bump... I don't have a pic sorry. But I would like to see what they look like even though I don't have the birds.

3. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    I'd just like to see a pic of a WLRC!

4. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I searched it and I found this one. It seems like this what it could look like. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Ryu

Ryu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    The Cicken calculator says 50% black patterned red incomplete laced and 50% white patterned red incomplete laced.

So some will look like a single laced black and some will look like not really great marked WLR.

6. Southerngirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    It will be interesting for sure. I almost sold the WLRC hens but their patterns really started to develop after 5 months and they have turned out really pretty; so I decided to keep them and breed them to my dark Cornish roo. [​IMG]

7. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Good luck!!!! YOU BETTER SHOW US PICTURES WHEN THEY HATCH!!!!! [​IMG]

8. Southerngirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    I will!! Plan on crossing my Jersey Giant Black Giant roo with my White Giant hens too !! [​IMG]

9. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:Sounds like a good match too!!!!

10. spangledcornish

spangledcornish Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Southwest, WI
    when you cross these two you will get a deeper red in the WLR but you will end up with doulbe lacing and pooer lacing however if you are breeding for WLR you recover the lacing in a couple of genrerations. THe bird above is a Juliee bird that is the same as a dark cornish where the black is replaced by white.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by