WANTED PIED PIPER, PAYS BAD, EGGS GOOD

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by thechickenkeeper, Jan 20, 2009.

1. thechickenkeeper

thechickenkeeper Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Yes , rats, so far I have seen the local stray cat take one from the garden, big enough to feed her family, i myself caught one that was burrowing under the black plastic that covers an area under the deck, to stop the weeds coming up, next bit not for the squeemish,close eyes now, I clubbed it with end blunt side of the axe, direct hit, not to sound too macabre, it kind of reminded me of one of those funfair sideshows,with the mallets and the strange looking clowns that pop out of the holes, and if you hit enough of them you win a cuddlely monkey.

I have set a trap under the house, on the path of a little vermin, I can see it’s little footprints,left in the dust that has gathered on the top of an old printer left by a previous tenant,( soon to be appearing on TradeMe), the printer that is not the previous tenant. The rat has not been fooled by the trap as yet, infact it has eaten all of the dairy lea slice off of the trap without setting it off, careful eating this rat. It now has a small smorga’s board of food, chick crums, laying pellets of two varieties, and dairy lea cheese, no wonder it’s quite happy to live under our house.

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    You played WHACK-A-RAT???!?! [​IMG]

3. SussexInSeattle

SussexInSeattle Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Washington
    Sorry to be bringing tha bad news BUT if you have seen and killed 2, you don't JUST have one more, you have herds more.

Try Peanut Butter on the trap trigger, especially since we can't eat our peanut butter now anyway, might as well give it to the rats. Don't use a bunch, just use enough for it to stick to the the little trigger bridge.

Oooops, didn't notice you were in NZ. Guess you can eat your peanut butter.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  4. mahen8622

mahen8622 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    why cant we eat PB?

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    "Bulk peanut butter maker Peanut Corp. of America has recalled 21 lots of peanut butter implicated in a 43-state salmonella outbreak. Grocery brands appear not to be involved, according to the CDC.

The CDC's ongoing investigation has turned up clusters of salmonella infections in schools, hospitals, and long-term-care facilities that use only a brand of peanut butter called King Nut.

King Nut Companies previously recalled product lots -- including a brand distributed as Parnell's Pride -- with product codes beginning with the numeral 8, including 8193, 8194, 8197, 8233, 8234, 8235, 8241, 8255, 8256, 8275, 8276, 8282, 8283, 8284, 8296, 8316, 8330, 8331, 8336, 8345, 8354.

No other King Nut products have been recalled. However, King Nut distributes peanut butter made by Peanut Corp. of America, which yesterday issued a recall of products made at its Blakely, Ga., processing facility."
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/f...90114/salmonella-prompts-peanut-butter-recall

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Lets feed that BAD PB to the rats! [​IMG]

7. Squeaky

Squeaky I squeak, therefore I am

Jul 5, 2008
    Albuquerque, NM
    Quote:Ha, with my luck it would probably mutate them into Master Splinter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and then there would be ninja rats.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by