ANightPerson

Songster
7 Years
Oct 22, 2016
Massachusetts
I've had ducks for several years now, and I finally have the supplies to venture out to other waterfowl! I've been doing research, and I'm completely set on Pilgrim Geese. The only problem is it's too late to find any babies. I'm very experienced in raising baby ducks through the cold winter, I've had ones hatched as late as January that have thrived. I am confident that I could raise them the same. Does anyone (that can ship to MA) have or know of any upcoming broods? Looking for unrelated male and female. Open to older birds, but I definitely prefer ones that I can raise from the first 1-2 days.

As you said, it's pretty much too late to find any babies. It's not a case of people not hatching because winter is coming, it's that geese are seasonal layers and they are well and done for the year. My geese stopped back in June and I don't expect them to start again until March or April. But you might be able to get yourself on a list with someone for some spring babies.

As you said, it's pretty much too late to find any babies. It's not a case of people not hatching because winter is coming, it's that geese are seasonal layers and they are well and done for the year. My geese stopped back in June and I don't expect them to start again until March or April. But you might be able to get yourself on a list with someone for some spring babies.
Ok, thank you! I may look for an older pair so I can just hatch my own babies come spring and not have to wait an extra year.

Back
Top Bottom