WANTED: POL pullets for urban flocks in the Boston Area

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Gypsylion, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Gypsylion

Gypsylion Songster

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Business is picking up for Spring, so I'm putting the word out for healthy, POL-age pullets for my clients' small, urban and suburban micro-flocks in the Boston area.

Most of my demand will be for LF laying breeds, with a preference for birds with good "family-pet" temperaments. Any color will be considered, as will "barnyard mix" birds! Bantams are generally less in demand for my current clients, but I do occasionally get some requests for certain breeds. Price will vary depending on the bird's breed, quality, age, and health. If you're not sure, please just ask! It may be that I have a client looking for one! :D

All birds MUST be pullets/hens, MUST be over 4 months old, and MUST be in healthy condition (no parasites, etc).

High demand (LF):
    Ameraucana/Easter Egger
    Orpington
    Plymouth rock
    Faverolle
    Modern Game
    Marans
    Barnevelder
    Australorp
    Cochin
    Brahma
    Breda
    Crested Cream Legbar

Low demand, but might be interested depending on the client:
    Silkies
    d'Uccles
    Polish (LF and bantam)
    Dominique

Thank you so much, and I look forward to working with you!

~Khrysti Smyth
    The Chickeness

2. themenagerie

themenagerie Songster

Jun 8, 2011
    I'm in Metro NW Mass and have a couple of 1 year old laying hens I'd like to rehome. Pluses are they don't have to wait for them to lay. I also have a pair of Mille Fleur D'Uccles (cockerel & pullet, 8 weeks old). Message me if you'd like.

3. Gypsylion

Gypsylion Songster

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    PM sent - thank you!

4. madditremaine

madditremaine In the Brooder

Sep 30, 2014
    Lyles Tennessee
    I have ten eight week old White Rock chicks. I'm VERY interested in getting rid of them. I live in middle tennessee, near Nashville and Dickson.

5. jeannelstarr

jeannelstarr Hatching

Apr 18, 2015
    Hi- are they still available? I'm in hampden and am looking to pick up some hens- 2-4. thanks

6. Gypsylion

Gypsylion Songster

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Hi there,

This thread is for pullets and hens for my clients in the Boston area - I'm a backyard chicken consultant for urban and suburban clients in the Boston area who want chickens, so I am looking for pullets and hens to purchase for my clients' family flocks. :)

If you're in the area, I host monthly backyard chicken social events near Union Square in Somerville on the 2nd Tuesday of each month - come on out and join us! Check out www.yardbirdsbackyardchickens.com for up-to-date info.

Thanks!
    ~Khrysti

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: