WANTED: POL pullets for urban flocks in the Boston Area

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Gypsylion, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Gypsylion

Gypsylion Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Business is picking up for Spring, so I'm putting the word out for healthy, POL-age pullets for my clients' small, urban and suburban micro-flocks in the Boston area.

Most of my demand will be for LF laying breeds, with a preference for birds with good "family-pet" temperaments. Any color will be considered, as will "barnyard mix" birds! Bantams are generally less in demand for my current clients, but I do occasionally get some requests for certain breeds. Price will vary depending on the bird's breed, quality, age, and health. If you're not sure, please just ask! It may be that I have a client looking for one! :D

All birds MUST be pullets/hens, MUST be over 4 months old, and MUST be in healthy condition (no parasites, etc).

High demand (LF):
    Ameraucana/Easter Egger
    Orpington
    Plymouth rock
    Faverolle
    Modern Game
    Marans
    Barnevelder
    Australorp
    Cochin
    Brahma
    Breda
    Crested Cream Legbar

Low demand, but might be interested depending on the client:
    Silkies
    d'Uccles
    Polish (LF and bantam)
    Dominique

Thank you so much, and I look forward to working with you!

~Khrysti Smyth
    The Chickeness

2. themenagerie

themenagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2011
    I'm in Metro NW Mass and have a couple of 1 year old laying hens I'd like to rehome. Pluses are they don't have to wait for them to lay. I also have a pair of Mille Fleur D'Uccles (cockerel & pullet, 8 weeks old). Message me if you'd like.

3. Gypsylion

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    PM sent - thank you!

4. madditremaine

madditremaine Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2014
    Lyles Tennessee
    I have ten eight week old White Rock chicks. I'm VERY interested in getting rid of them. I live in middle tennessee, near Nashville and Dickson.

5. jeannelstarr

jeannelstarr New Egg

Apr 18, 2015
    Hi- are they still available? I'm in hampden and am looking to pick up some hens- 2-4. thanks

6. Gypsylion

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Hi there,

This thread is for pullets and hens for my clients in the Boston area - I'm a backyard chicken consultant for urban and suburban clients in the Boston area who want chickens, so I am looking for pullets and hens to purchase for my clients' family flocks. :)

If you're in the area, I host monthly backyard chicken social events near Union Square in Somerville on the 2nd Tuesday of each month - come on out and join us! Check out www.yardbirdsbackyardchickens.com for up-to-date info.

Thanks!
    ~Khrysti

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by