Wanted: Pullets or Hens, Northwest New Jersey area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by openheartnp, Aug 23, 2011.

1. openheartnp

openheartnp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Green Twp, NJ
    I have 4 BR, looking for 4-8 more hens/pullets. I would like calm, friendly breeds to join them! Can't be flighty or have trimmed beaks. No RIR, I heard they are aggressive.

I have 2 young boys (7 and 9), and we can't wait to love and spoil more pets!

2. ranchruler@gmail.com

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    alliance,oh
    I have very nice RIRs also have a ameraucana cockrel and a pair of mille fleur bantam d'uccles

3. openheartnp

Jul 25, 2011
    Green Twp, NJ
    Hi Ranchruler,

Thank you for replying! I see you are in Ohio, I would hate to have them bear the stress of shipping. Are you dealing with a farm in this area?

We already have 2 standard and very spoiled roosters so I was avoiding the bantam breeds. I'm new at this, so I'm assuming the mille fleur bantam d'uccles are little. My roos would probably squash them a bit.

If your hens are within 2 hours driving distance, please let me know!

Thanks, Denise

4. mcho717

mcho717 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Hi are you still looking for birds? I have two light brahmas and an egger (8 weeks) for sale. Please let me know if you're interested.

5. openheartnp

Jul 25, 2011
    Green Twp, NJ
    Hi there! Welcome to BYC!!!

No, I can't take any more chickies, my hubby would kill me. I was able to get 9 more in August, including 2 Easter eggers. They are wonderfully tame!

I bought them off the Buy/Sell forum. Once you have 10 posts (I think) they will let you post there. It's a very active forum!

Good luck!

6. mcho717

mcho717 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Thanks I got stuck with more than my coop can handle when I received some unexpected "warmth chicks." They are very sweet. Congrats on your flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by