Wanted: Purebred Buff Orpington Rooster

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenannie, Jan 17, 2009.

1. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    My last roo George (shown in my avatar) was killed by a fox (we got the fox).
    I'd like to find a replacement purebred Buff Orpington rooster that is within an hour's drive from the Reading/Lancaster area, if possible.
    I'll take one or two purebred Buff Orpington hens, too, if they're available.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Jody probably has some growing out.

If you don't mind a guy with mild frostbite, I have one I can part with, probably a hen for him too.

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Check with Sara, She mentioned having a roo and couple hens, but she may have just been teasing me that she wants to get rid of them.

4. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Who is Jody? Who is Sara? I feel so dumb that i don't know people's first names on here.

I would love to get one of your birds, Sterling Acres, I've seen your pics, but I think we figured out that you are about 2-1/2 hours away from here. I'm hoping someone has a Buff closer than that.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  5. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
  6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Who is Jody? Who is Sara? I feel so dumb that i don't know people's first names on here.

I would love to get one of your birds, Sterling Acres, I've seen your pics, but I think we figured out that you are about 2-1/2 hours away from here. I'm hoping someone has a Buff closer than that.

Sara and Jody are both within 50 minutes drive of me. Both have BOs, as far as I know...

This is the mild frostbite guy I'm referring to.
    We named him Chief, he's pretty laid back.

[​IMG]

I can find a full body shot, if you'd like.
    Edited to add:
    Here's one. Captain's in front, Chief's in rear. They came from Jody directly, so they're gorgeous birds.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Yep, I'm just plain old Sara. I don't have anything for you though. I'm pretty much rid of all the buff orpingtons. Trying to concentrate on black.

8. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I'm in NJ, just next to Easton Pa. I've got 3 BO boys who I hatched out this past summer. They are gorgeous, big, and beautifully golden colored. Let me know if you want to try to see them- I only need 1 of them. I thought I had some girls, but I guess I've only got 1 pullet. I am ordering 5 new baby girls, due to arrive in March. I just took pics of the boys a few min ago...here they are.
    Lisa
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by