**WANTED....QUALITY FERTILE SILVER SEABRIGHT EGGS**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickbait, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Chickbait

Chickbait Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2009
    I have had a several shipments of crappy seabright eggs recently and was hoping to find someone on this great site that has FERTILE silver seabright hatching eggs.

Have you checked your fertility and know your eggs are good to go?

Great....message me

Cheers!

1 person likes this.
  2. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Im so sorry you've had bad experiences with shipping eggs. But, I'd like to make something clear that may not be. [​IMG] Fertility can only be proven by cracking open eggs to check for the fertile bullseye. Lack of development does not prove infertility.

This is the big reason I don't ship eggs anymore. I frequently check fertility and, of the eggs I've sold, I've never had any infertiles... just fragile eggs that didn't develop. Depending on the PO, I might get lucky and a couple people have hatched a couple eggs but the percentages were way below satisfactory. It seems the nicer the quality of the stock, the more fragile eggs can be. Birds bred tight for the show room frequently sacrifice other qualities such as strong embryos. I never have a bad hatch here, but shipping has been a nightmare.

So before you throw the INFERTILE hammer, please take this into consideration. There is any easy way to check fertility even after incubation has begun.

So, if you are looking for excellent quality seabrights, you will probably have much better luck purchasing started birds from a reputable breeder.

3. Poultry Palace

Poultry Palace Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Live Oak, Florida
    Quote:Well said.

4. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    this is so weird. Every time I said "egg" ...it now says, "rooster"??? What happened. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by