Wanted- Red Dorking Chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by skennedy, May 5, 2009.

1. skennedy

skennedy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Denham Springs, LA
    Looking for Red Dorking Chicks. Anyone still selling them?

2. dorkinsearch

dorkinsearch New Egg

May 3, 2009
    i noticed that you wee hunting some red dorking chicks. i am hunting 4 or 5 dorking chicks of any color, can you supply. thanks dorkinsearch.

3. skennedy

Apr 17, 2008
    Denham Springs, LA
    Quote:No, I only have 2 red dorking hens. I had my red dorking rooster die a couple of days ago. I am trying to get a flock going so then I will be able to help you and others in the future. This is a breed I am very interested in helping to save.

4. tgrlily

tgrlily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Have you tried ebay? I bought 12 red & 12 colored. She sent 30 & we hatched 4 red, 2 light grey & 1 dark one. Looks like 1 red is male, so hopefully we can start breeding soon. Not the hatchrate I would've liked, but at least it's a start. My son decided to save the Dorking too! [​IMG]

5. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Hi, I had a posting from a guy who had white. He was in NH and only sold 12 chicks at a time and didn't mail. I personally don't want 12, but come spring next year I might make the drive. It's six hours away.

Anyhow, if the rooster died a couple of days ago wouldn't the eggs still be fertile for awhile? I would think at least a couple of days right? I'd like to know for my own information anyhow. Thanks

6. PrinceFarm

PrinceFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    Conroe, Texas
    I also am looking for these birds. I recieved an order in feb. for 2 female/ 1 male silver grey dorkings from murry mcmurry. I lost 1 male and 1 female shortly after they arrived. I like the one I have left and would love to breed them but, like you, I am having a hard time finding them. I was on a waiting list for about 4 months to get the last three and they probably wont have any more until next spring. One day I will have a flock of these........ [​IMG]

She is a pretty one
    [​IMG]

7. skennedy

Apr 17, 2008
    Denham Springs, LA
    Quote:Yes, I have bought the eggs on ebay before but was looking for day old chicks since the hatch rate is so low on shipped eggs.

8. tgrlily

tgrlily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Quote:I'm having the same problem with silkies. At this point I'd be willing to take a major roadtrip to get what I'm looking for.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by