Wanted: RIR eggs. GOOD LAYERS

mel58

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 8, 2007
hi,

I am looking for some hatching eggs from RIRs that are GOOD LAYERS. don't care if they are show quality, I am only interested in their laying ability. prefer someone east of the miss. for shipping reasons.

purebred only

standard size only

Thank you!

Melinda

Hey Melinda,I ahve Rhode Island Reds.They are pure breed.They are very good layers.If you want day old chicks or hatching eggs,please let em know.,,Sandra

Melinda,by the way I am in NC,and we live on a farm.We have very sterile and clean facilities.Also have naked necks for sale.Some people call these turkens and they lay the biggest eggs I ever seen.Some of them have as many as 3 yolks. But mostly 2-1.But very nice eggs and rich.If you can let me know so I will know how to prepare.Sandra

sandra,

could you better define very good layers? I haven't been impressed with the RIR I had in the past from a hatchery though they were *ok* their first year. I'd like something that will lay at least 5 out of 7 days except for at most during molt. just looking for a good reliable layer without going back to sexlinks or leghorns. and how much do you charge for a dozen eggs with shipping? how much are your chicks for 25 shipped to indiana? thank you.

oh and I've had naked necks/turkens before. mine all turned out to be roosters (and mean as the devil) but boy they were wierd looking, lol.

I have RIR's that lay well, my 10 hens lay 6-9 eggs everyday. I think they is pretty good since they lay on a 23 hour cycle. They have been laying well even though its gotten below freezing here in KY. Only thing is I wont have any fertile eggs for sale until this summer.

Back
Top Bottom