Wanted: RIR's in Enid OK.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by nicodemuschickenfan, Jan 18, 2009.

1. nicodemuschickenfan

nicodemuschickenfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Enid, OK!
    So I'm planning on getting RIR's in the spring when the weather warms up, but I'm having a bit of trouble finding some here in the city. I was planning on ordering them on-line but twenty five chickens is too many for me and my yard. So I was hopeing to find someone within driving range of Enid to get my RIR's from. I'll only need four or five of them. Hens though, not roo's. They'll be mostly pets so I wouldn't need pedigree grade chickens or anything like that. Chicks with great personalities is what I'm looking for. Though good egg production would be nice as well. I won't need them by any set date either, so I'm in no rush. So message me if you will have any RIR's to spare and about how much you'll want for them. [​IMG] Thanks for looking.

2. nicodemuschickenfan

Nov 9, 2008
    Enid, OK!
    What; no chickens in all of Enid? lol Come on people, chant with me. [​IMG] Chickens are good, chickens are great..

Well ok, guess I'll just have to learn patience then... [​IMG]

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Well...I'm up by Claremore...but I don't have any RIRs.

I "might" want to split an order with you though if you'd like!

4. nicodemuschickenfan

Nov 9, 2008
    Enid, OK!
    Well my finally getting some RIR's does sound good. Unfortunatly a two hour drive doesn't sound so good. lol With the shape my car is in I'd make it halfway and it'd break down.

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Which hatchery are you wanting to get them from???

Or are you talking the 2 hour drive from Enid to Claremore??? LOL

6. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    Come one you need some RIR bantam roos...I can tell...I have two of the most perfect gentelmen!

7. nicodemuschickenfan

Nov 9, 2008
    Enid, OK!
    Enid to Claremore. Why, did you have another idea?

Sorry but I don't think our neighbors would stand for roo's. One cockadoodle-doo and the city would be on our doorstep. lol

8. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    the fun haters! [​IMG]

9. mikeksfarmer

mikeksfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Bonner springs KS
    I wanted just 6 chickens and had to order 15 from my feed store. Ended up with 16, Lost one in shipping, lost one in a rain storm (wet and cold) fed 6 to raccoons and 2 to Dogs. Very painful but lesson learned. Order your 25. Give a couple away. count on some losses. Sell eggs!

10. nicodemuschickenfan

Nov 9, 2008
    Enid, OK!
    lol I'm surprised they hate noise so much seeing as how they keep us up all night with theirs.. But we aren't friends with the police so we try not to provoke them.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by