wanted- rooster east Orlando

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by katmae77, Aug 5, 2007.

1. katmae77

katmae77 Out Of The Brooder

Anyone in Central Florida looking to rehome a roo? After our bobcat attack last week we are in need of a new roo, now that our coop is repaired. Just thought I'd see if any here need a home before I buy one at the auction. Standard or bantam fine, we have a barnyard mix of all different hens. [​IMG] Kathy

2. cakkleberrylane

cakkleberrylane Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2007
    Florida
    I have several just east of Tampa. Do you have a secure place to keep him? We have a bobcat too and we have to lock up all the chickens at night.

3. katmae77

katmae77 Out Of The Brooder

We have ours in a 10 x10 covered dog pen with a wooden coop attached. We caught a bobcat in the trap last week and think there might have been a racoon around. The bottom of the pen, was pulled up, and the ties were snapped. Not sure if the racoon or the bobcat did it, but the bobcat is dead and the racoon has been shot at once, but got away. We fixed the pen and completely circled the bottom with chicken wire and burried it down too. How far are you from Orlando? I'm 35 ninutes East of Orlando, so you might be a little far for me. What kindof roo is it? Kathy

4. Sparkalator

Sparkalator Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    Florida
    What type of Roos do you have? I am in Florida and looking for a roo, for my girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by