1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted: Rooster(s) in NE Ohio

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by OneCuteShasta, Nov 23, 2008.

1. OneCuteShasta

OneCuteShasta Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2007
    Tropical oHIo
    Hello, All! We're expecting to move in late spring/ early summer, so I rehomed all of our standard chickens. Now I have a problem... I horribly miss the roosters crowing. I'm looking for 1 to 2 roosters for free or cheap. It doesn't matter what breed (they can even be mutts) as long as they are standard size. I also would like them to be somewhat friendly. I have a 3 yr. old daughter and don't want an aggressive roo around. I'm in the Wadsworth area and can pick up within a 20-30 mile radius. Please PM /email me if you can help. Thanks!

2. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    I wish you lived closer.
    I have two extra, very nice roosters.I only wanted ten for both.They are nice with our hens and people when they are around and will eat from my hand without trying to eat my fingers:)They are brown leghorn mixes and are standard size.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  3. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

Where exactly are you? I'm in Parkersburg, WV--across the river from Marietta/Belpre. I have several purebred roos I'm trying to re-home.

Let me know if I can help!
    Becky

4. OneCuteShasta

Apr 4, 2007
    Tropical oHIo
    Becky, you're about 152 miles from me. DH would kill me! I've still got my silkies, but the crows from the roos just aren't the same. I thought about going to the auction, but you never know what you're gonna get. It could be satan in a chicken suit, and you wouldn't know until you got it home. Anyone closer?

5. OneCuteShasta

Apr 4, 2007
    Tropical oHIo
    Thanks! [​IMG]

6. ThornyRidge

ThornyRidge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    I am in Carroll County-just south of Canton.. I have a overrun of roosters.. I currently have a EE/Ameracauna rooster, Silver Spangled Hamburg, 2 black silkie roosters and a black cochin bantam. I have just hatched silkie/EE/Ameracauna crosses and figure with my luck they will be mostly roosters.. I would love to try to find homes for some of my boys-that wont be eaten... currently all my boys are pretty laid back (the bantam cochin hates my dog though). Let me know if I can help out.. I love the crowing too.. oh and my boys all live happily together.. so see you can have lots of roosters without all of the fighting.. I also have 2 very special white silkie roos and jap bantam roo in with about 10 various hens.

7. OneCuteShasta

Apr 4, 2007
    Tropical oHIo
    ThornyRidge, what's your zip? I'm not familiar with Hamburgs. What size is he compared to your EE cross?

8. Tootsie

Tootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Oh well I am in NJ and have plenty of extra boys. I have to tell you the SS Hamburgs are beautiful! I have a female. They are white with black polka dots.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by