Wanted: Several breeds of fertile eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by marcym, Dec 3, 2013.

1. marcym

marcym Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Iowa
    Got divorced, sold the farm. Two years later I'm getting into chickens again, they are cheaper and more effective than therapy! Looking for several different breeds, but not really into barnyard mixes. Part of the fun for my nieces and nephews is identifying the chicks after they hatch, so would like the eggs to come from the same breed of parents. They do NOT need to be show quality, as they will be our pets who provide us with breakfast. I would like to purchase 3-6 eggs of each breed, and would be thrilled if somebody has more than one breed to offer. Please let me know what you have, what you would be asking for the eggs, and an estimate on shipping. I am just North of Davenport, IA. and would be willing to drive within 100 miles to pick them up if the price was right.

Here are some of the breeds I'm interested in: Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons, Golden Laced Wyandottes, Speckled Sussex, Black Australorp, Black Copper Marans, Light Brown Leghorns, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, New Hampshire Red, Welsummer,

Finally, I have a nephew who "really, really, really, really" wants a White Crested Black Polish, but I think I can talk him into a Buff Laced Polish.

I don't have an exact date that I plan on hatching, so more than willing to wait till after the Holidays if needed. Thanks for your time.

Marcy M

2. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    You're missing a breed on there. Brahmas[​IMG]!

3. bstromgren

bstromgren Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2013
    I'll have hatching eggs around valentine's day, or I have juvenile hens right now. Ottumwa, Iowa

4. Backyard Bob

Backyard Bob Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2013
    Oklahoma
    I can ship 6++ white leghorn hatching eggs for $5 + shipping. Just let me know!

5. bstromgren

Nov 21, 2013
    If you want young hens, I have some 11 week old rhode island reds, white leghorns and buff orpingtons. I've got about $6.50 in them, so I would have to have probably $7.50 each. I have to go to Iowa city next Tuesday an could bring some with me.

6. marcym

Apr 21, 2009
    Iowa
    I think Brama's look cool, but for some reason haven't had a hankering to raise them.

bromgren: Thanks for the offer of juvies and meeting in IA City (I am there at least once a month if not more!) I think the kids really want to hatch them out. Well, I'm blaming it on the kids, but really I want to start hatching again :) What kind of hatching eggs will you have in Feb?

Bob: Thanks! If you don't mind being patient, I'd like to see what else I can rustle up on here too. Once I know what I can get and when I can get it, I'll pick a date. I'll get back to you soon!

7. bstromgren

Nov 21, 2013
    No problem. We will have the above plus auracanas.

8. rambob59

rambob59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2013
    Central California
    Hello, I have show quality phoenix I would be willing to sell for $5 for 3eggs and I also have good egg layer fertile eggs. This includes white leghorns, and cross breeds. I could sell you a dozen eggs for $10 plus shipping. 4 phoenix and 3 white egg layers and 3 brown egg layers or your choosing. If you would like more than 1 dozen PM me for more offers. We are having holiday specials. We are located in California and we ship very well. Thank You

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
  9. dickhorstman

dickhorstman Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Dec 8, 2009
    burgettstown,pa
    I have eggs and chicks available in the following large fowl: S.C. & R.C. Rhode Island Reds, Silver Penciled & Partridge Rock,Red & Silver Grey Dorkings, Silver Laced Wyandotte, White Crested Black Polish and Blue Andalusian. Also several breeds of bantams. Pictures available at "horstmanspoultry.com"

10. marcym

Apr 21, 2009
    Iowa
    Thanks for all the replies. I will be ready to hatch after the Holidays.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by