Wanted....show Quality Birds

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Kovalciks Chickens, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Kovalciks Chickens

Kovalciks Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Richmond, Michigan
    Hello, I am a fellow 4-H looking for show quality birds. Last year I lost 140 birds to a raccoon. Then last night a fellow 4-Her in our group lost her very expensive Sumatra and Silver Spangled Hamburg Bantam:hit. After this she said that she was going to stop raising chickens.[​IMG] So I am looking for birds that anyone might be able to sell me. We both like Sumatras. I do like Black Copper Marans, Pheonixes, and anything else is appreciated. Please help us get back into showing chickens again.
    Thank You
    I look forward to hearing from you

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    What size - standard or bantam? Do you have any other breeds you would like?

3. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    We all have to work for our birds to get to show quality. Breeder quality would be more reasonable. From a showmans view. Just trying to help maybe youll get more hits that way.

4. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I have a 14-week old BCM cockerel I'm willing to give up for the cost of shipping and box. Where are you located?

I mean, what's your zip code, rather?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  6. Kovalciks Chickens

Kovalciks Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Richmond, Michigan
    Okay to answer your question yes I would like any bird of any size. Breeder Quality yes I would like, I guess not show quality.

7. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    PMed you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by