WANTED - Silkie Chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by KellyGwen, Apr 30, 2008.

1. KellyGwen

KellyGwen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    Hi!

I am getting my first "flock" of 25 babies in about 2 weeks but was unable to order the 4 or 5 silkies that I wanted because of that whole "minimum order" bologna. I would love to get 3 or 4 girls and one or two boy Silkies (bearded if possible!!) and raise them with my new hens. Color doesn't matter, a mix would be nice!

All of the babies I have coming are vaccinated against Mareks, so I'd like these Silkies to be as well. I do not have an incubator (which is the main reason I want the Silkies!) so I need to get chicks. I would like to get them soon so that they can be raised with my other chicks.

I am in Western PA, north of Pittsburgh. See my "website" for pictures of their living arrangements! Shipping would be great... I live in a very small town and my post office is well aware of my new-found chicken obsession and already has their eye out for my cheeping box-o-chicks!! (They were promised some of the first eventual eggs!)

Thanks!

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Best of luck! I think ideal has a minimum dollar order for their birds, which 8 silkies would reach the minimum. They will be straight run, meaning if you got 8, you'd probably get your 4 girls and can pick out the two best boys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by