1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WANTED: Silkie hens or broody hen. I want to raise chicks the old fashioned way.

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by LittleMoon, Apr 21, 2012.

1. LittleMoon

LittleMoon Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2011
    I live in scottsburg, IN, is there anyone nearby here? It's in southern indiana. I can drive and pick up bird/birds if neccasary.

2. LittleMoon

Apr 4, 2011
    NOTE: I"M NOT SELLING, I ACCIDENTELY PUT FOR SALE. SORRY :)

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Hi there (almost) neighbor! We're even further south than you...lol...Floyds Knobs here. I frequently see silkies listed on in both the Louisville and Indy Craig's Lists, so you might check there.
    I've spent today (and will spend tomorrow too) trying to break one of my silkie girls from being broody. I have two (both pets, so not wanting to rehome them) who alternate broody periods. My blue girl just sat for a month on one wooden and two non-fertile eggs... [​IMG]

4. LittleMoon

Apr 4, 2011
    Hi almost neighbor :) Yeah, i check craigs but lately all i found was someone selling a pair of hens for 60 bucks, which is over my limit. ^^

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

If I see anything in the next week or two, I'll shoot you a PM...

6. LittleMoon

Apr 4, 2011
    Awesome, thanks.

7. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    You go to shows? There is a show this weekend in Greenville OH, western edge of Ohio, that I'll be at. I have a two year old black Silkie x Cochin hen that I've been tryng to give away. She's pretty little, but really fluffy. If you breed her or accidently hatch something of hers, she is split for white and lavender, and she has really nice Silkie traits.

8. LittleMoon

Apr 4, 2011
    Oh I would love that, but I dont know if I can make it up there, I'd have to beg someone, I dont have a drivers license.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by