Wanted. Silkie Rooster in TN or surrounding states.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by LadyinRed, Jul 11, 2011.

1. LadyinRed

LadyinRed Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2009
    I am looking for a Buff rooster that is SQ with as dark of a comb as possible. Preferably either in TN or one of the surrounding states as I intend to pick up rather than ship because of this hot weather. However if the boy is nice I will drive further!!!

If someone has a hen or two for sell I would also be interested but I feel the need to bring in some new bloodlines. I am trying to breed a little bit darker than my hens are currently which is a peachy buff. I am building my new silkie run so it will be at least a week before I can pick up maybe a little longer since I will have to ask for time off at work depending on how far I'll need to drive.

Here is a photograph of the current roo and two of my six girls.

[​IMG]

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I have a handsome and gorgeous rooster (buff). I hatched him from Bobbi Porto eggs (purchased from indigo eggs so direct from her!). I don't have other buffs on the farm and he is stunning. I will take photographs if you like and can ship. I know I am from Florida but this is a beautiful rooster.

3. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Hi there, I have an extra buff Roo or two. Show quality is tough for Buff boys that are dark skinned and with dark combs since they usually have dark feathers in the tail and sometime wing tips. I have several that are great breeder quality and have produced clear girls. PM me if you want more information.

I live 20 miles from Chattanooga.

Jaynie.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by