Wanted: Silkies in Ohio/WV

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by StoneBridge Farm, Jan 14, 2008.

1. StoneBridge Farm

StoneBridge Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    SE Ohio
    Does anyone have any silkies that are black, grey, lavendar, splash, or blue for sale? I am wanting some as pets..maybe to breed. Not wanting to pay alot, so they don't have to be perfect.
    Lori

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Hope some silkie people around this area of yours see this...I'll keep my eyes open for some....

3. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i'm in about central pa if that is not to far from you. i have some blues, white and probably some others i could part with but i'd have to look see what i have.
    silkie

4. StoneBridge Farm

Dec 19, 2007
    SE Ohio
    Hey,
    Well I never mind a little bit of a drive. I once went to Mobile Alabama for 2 goats!!! [​IMG] Anyway, I have some whites and a buff pair. However, I am the 3rd owner of my buff pair... I got them to test out the breed, realized I LOVE THEM!!! So now I am wanting more. Anyway, I believe they are older and not producing. Chester's turquois is actually more of a yellowed. Does that show age? I figured it meant he was REALLY old. I guess what I am looking for is anything other than what I have.. and maybe 1 roo and 2 hens of each. So, let me know what you have and how much. Thanks again!!
    Lori

5. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    lol, i LOVE silkies too!! hmm. i have never had a silkie with any color ears than turquoise. i do know the feathers can turn yellowish looking from to much corn though. most of mine don't lay for winter so mabe it's the time of year.

will send u a pm after i get back from picking my son up from his dads.
    silkie

6. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    I have some young Black and Blue Silkies. I am pretty sure of their sex. I am asking $10.00 per pair. Now these are probably not Show Quality, but they are a lot better than hatchery chicks. I am in Lexington KY. I travel all over KY for work so if you are interested, we can probably arrange a meeting.

Tom

7. StoneBridge Farm

Dec 19, 2007
    SE Ohio
    Tom
    Do you have any pics? I know KY like the back of my hand. Over the summer I made several trips... Lexington, Clarkson, you name it I went there.(goats and bees). Anyhow, send some pics!!! I am interested in both blue and black! $10/pair(breeding pair, right?) is an awesome price! You tell me where you'd drive to and I will meet you. My schedule for the rest of the month puts me off on every Sun-Mon-Tues-Wed. Let me know!
    Lori
    [email protected]

8. StoneBridge Farm

Dec 19, 2007
    SE Ohio
    Tom,
    I PM'd you.
    Lori

9. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Lucky you Lori, Tom has beautiful Silkies. I had one of his beautiful Buff Roosters for several years. We have swapped birds a couple of times and you can't go wrong.

10. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    Thanks Jaynie,

Lori each pair will be one Young male and one young female. I will try to get a picture of each pair and send it to you as soon as I can. I am recovering from knee surgery and cannot move around as well as normal, but I will try to get it done very soon.

Tom

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by