1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted: Silver Penciled Cochin Rooster (NE ALA)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mtnmenagerie, Jan 20, 2009.

1. mtnmenagerie

mtnmenagerie Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2007
    NE Alabama
    Anyone in the TN/AL/GA area??
    I would really love to find a nice rooster to pair up with my ladies. Please let me know! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. mtnmenagerie

Oct 13, 2007
    NE Alabama
    bump [​IMG]

3. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    [​IMG] She's a mighty fine looking gal. Good luck with your search. I haven't heard much about that variety here on BYC. You'd probably have better luck contacting someone on Cochinsrule.com or googling "silver penciled cochin" and hunt for breeders in your area or maybe someone farther away that could mail you eggs.

4. mtnmenagerie

Oct 13, 2007
    NE Alabama
    hi! [​IMG] thank you! and thank you for the advice. cochinsrule.... i have never even heard of that! i've noticed that cochins are becoming more popular, but i still never see the silver penciled. it's a shame - cuz they are so stinkin pretty!!
    i'll check out that website [​IMG]

5. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I just sold my three girls. I couldn't find a roo either.
    My son had taken them to the 4-H fair. They placed reserve grand champion. I had bought them from a store that ordered them from Cackle Hatchery. I figure on buying some more later. What's the odds I'll get all girls again?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  6. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I forgot to mention, the Judge talked about how rare there were.

7. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I bought some silver-pencil bantam cochin eggs from a seller on Ebay last year. I have the seller's name at home and I look for her eggs on Ebay now and then. I hatched a gorgeous white show cockerel from her eggs. She also has beautiful birchens and a couple of other rare colors. I'll post back to this thread as soon as I can find the info.

8. mtnmenagerie

Oct 13, 2007
    NE Alabama
    chick-n-farmer - oh what a very pretty hen! figures - when you want a rooster, that's when you end up with ALL hens!? [​IMG]

oldtimegator - yes, thank you. i would love if you can post the info you have.

9. red-hen

red-hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Did you find a Roo?

Otherwise Cackle does sell the bantam sized ones direct. (I'm not sure if you have bantam or standard)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  10. mtnmenagerie

Oct 13, 2007
    NE Alabama
    Quote:i'm sorry. i didn't noticed your response!
    i'm looking for a bantam sized one. i'll look at cackle, thank you [​IMG] i'm hoping for an adult bird if anyone has one?? [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by