WANTED slot car track or cars

lovemychicks2much

Songster
10 Years
Apr 2, 2009
Mercer Co.
Hey everyone my son is crazy over slot car stuff and why i dont know but i do know that stores only carry them around here at christmas and iwas wondering if any of you all would happen to have anything at all to do with slot car that you wanted to get rid of he has several but wants more he loves building them and chageing stuff on them if you have any please let me know

Quote:
I have tried looking on ebay that by the time they end they go at crazy prices i mean come on these are just slot cars that can be prchased here around christmas time for 20.00 brand new and for the same ones i have seen them go as high as 50.00 and parts are missing from them and that is crazy and plus i dont have that kind of money to spend on them but thanks i thought about that as well i never dreamed they would sell for that much on there

Quote:
Honestly, if you can find them at Christmas time for < $50.00 you should buy a bunch of them.

I asked my brother if he wanted to part with anything he has. He is a "collector" I guess you could say. Anyway, he was telling me that he found a slot car from the '60s, in mint condition for "only $200.00"
hmm.png

His collection is a little out of your price range. It was worth a shot though
cool.png

Have you tried a hobby store? I know the big chain store Hobby Lobby has slot car sets with the trains and models. Usually, if they sell model train sets, they will have slot car sets.

If you are correct about finding them during the holidays for around $20.00 I would assume that there is an online store that would have them for a similar price all year long.

Thank you for the info hes not a collector and don't care if they are new or old lol hes only 10 he just likes building new ones and stuff like like but no i havent checked any hobby store due to the fact that we dont have any close to us i think the closest it about 2 hours away ill just have to wait until yard sales gets going well and get him some there

I dug around a little online today and the cheapest set I found was $49.95. Like I said, these things aren't cheap. If you ever find a set, in a box for $20.00 like you stated I will send you my pay pal info and we can both make a few bucks.

I hope you find a set. I remember my first slot car set, loads of fun. I spent my whole Christmas vacation playing with it. It was an AFX Smokey and the Bandit set...... probably worth a fortune
sad.png
I think I broke it like many, many kids do
sad.png
sad.png

I have a bunch of them from the 70's.Haven't touched them in years so I don't know if they still work or not.I think I also have some track someplace.I wouldn't have any idea as to how much they are worth.If I get a few minutes tomorrow,I will take a pic of what I have and see if it is anything he is looking for.
In N.H.,Tony.

Quote:
I dont know where you looked but i know that around christmas which is the only time stores carry them around here you can get them at walmarts and kmarts from anywhere between 20 to 30 depending on how big of a set it is here is one i found on kmarts.com for 50.00 and it is a really big set and it is only 50.00 and everything on line is moe expensive then it is in our local store i guess that is why they only carry them around christmas but anyways here is the link http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_004W148947110001P?vName=Toys+&+Games&keyword=slot+car

Back
Top Bottom