WANTED: small incubator

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by m2wandc, Jul 17, 2010.

1. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    If anyone has a small incubator they want to rehome for free or very little $ I would be more then happy to pay shipping costs and give it a really good home. [​IMG]

I would like to experiment with hatching some chicks with my children (sort of a science project, turned into pets) but buying a new one for the prices I'm finding online is out of the budget to be honest. [​IMG]

And I'm not sure if I feel comfortable building my own yet...sooo if there happens to be someone out there looking to rehome their incubator, please let me know [​IMG] Thanks!

2. arherp

arherp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    I could send you one long enough to do a few hatches in, if you send it back. Not sure if that is something you would be interested in doing though. [email protected]

3. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Thank you, that is very kind of you...I just picked up a REALLY OLD ONE (can't see in it) from a friend and am going to (in a few weeks) experiment with it....

....I think I might break down and buy that $20 one that hatches 4 eggs at a time...(made for kids at school) [​IMG] it has a clear dome top...so you can see everything...but you have to manually do everything too...maybe one day I'll sport some big bucks and get a 'real incubator' that does it all for ya [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by