Wanted. So Cal, mottled/frizzled bant coch eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by onthespot, May 2, 2008.

1. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I am looking for very typey, show type bantam cochin eggs, blue, black, splash, or buff, to cross on my one and only mille fleur cochin that I hatched. Prefer birds that are from separated color lines, not from a mixed pen and the bird ended up to be the desired color. The showier type, the better, and good foot feathering and kind disposition is a must. Thanks for reading.
    Patty

2. buzzard chick

buzzard chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    Ha! Me too please>>>>Ditto all that.

Jen

3. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    If you would have only asked me last week...... I had a super nice SQ black bantam cochin roo. I won best FL and BB at a local show with him. I sold him because he had gotten into a fight and had piece of his wattle missing.

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    no way! you only live twenty minutes from me! aaaaauuughhh! LOLOL well, keep your ears and eyes peeled for me, okay? I thought i was going to buy some shipping eggs from a lady in ohio, but she has been busy and showing a lot and won't have any available for a while. Well, thanks all, keep on looking out for me. Just because of shipping hazards, i would much rather eggs I can pick up in person for a greater hatch rate. However, I am not totally opposed to shipping.

5. S n M Poultry

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    There is a lady in norco who has them. She owned Ham and eggs ranch. thats who i sold my roo to. I think she charges $15 a doz for eggs. here is her link: http://www.hamandeggsranch.com/live/main/index.html Her name is Celeste tell her jeffrey sent you. Hope i could help.

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    thanks Jeffrey, i looked at her site and from what I could see her bantam cochins are not the really poofy, fluffy cobby bodied, head level with the tail sort I am looking for, but thanks for the link. I did see she has quite the assortment of frizzle colors, and those birds look typier than her regular bantam cochins on her site. Maybe... hmmmmmmmm....

7. S n M Poultry

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    Glad i could help [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by