Wanted: Someone to make cat clothes (Sewn, Crocheted, Knitted, etc.)

OtterCreekRanch

Songster
8 Years
Mar 16, 2011
NE Texas
So it is about time of year for me to start buying our Sphynx (hairless cat) her new winter wardrobe. I started looking on Etsy and my goodness some of these people are proud of their work. I know it takes time to craft these tiny clothes and I have the utmost respect for those who have the skill to do it, but I am pretty poor at the moment and have no skill to make her any clothes myself, so I need to go as economical as possible. I tried to sew some myself last year and it was a disaster and a waste of money on the supplies because they did not even come out wearable lol

So...I am looking for someone who want make me some at least "decent" sweaters and pajamas for her. I can show you the style she wears best and give you any measurements you might need. Could be a great practice opportunity for someone as I am definitely not looking for perfectly made, just good enough for with stand a trip through the gentle cycle on the washing machine and a few months of wear. Hopefully look good enough that she won't be laughed out when she goes out in public hehe.

Please let me know what you would charge to make an outfit or two for my girl. In all I need probably 2-3 sweaters, 2-3 pajamas and maybe a hat (that ties under the chin) if anyone knows how to make something like that. I am not picky on the method used to make them...I have always had sewn cloths for her in the past, but I am open to knitted or crocheted as well as long as whatever is used is soft because her skin gets irritated easily.

The model:
12122y.jpg

The style she usually wears most is the "pajama" type. Here is an example:
dog-in-zebra-pajamas-300x265.jpg

I usually like to keep several of these on hand because they keep her warm all over including her legs. The only thing I don't care for about his example is it might be a bit bulky around the neck. She doesn't care for turtle necks I guess.

Then the basic sweater that is long and comes all the way down her back. The things hard to find in commercial made sweaters is one that is long enough, and one that covers a lot of her stomach as well as her rib cage area. Most sweaters I find for dogs in stores are made so that boy doggies and wear them and not potty on them, so they do not come back far enough underneth. All her bits are in the back so that is not a worry.
Something like this except that will come all the way down her back instead of stop at her stomach.
KIM_2888_sm.jpg

Or like this except not made out of an old sock
lol.png

stellersweater2.jpg

It is hard to find pictures of perfect examples of what works best for her. I hope these give you an idea.

Back
Top Bottom