WANTED: Standard frizzled hens.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by PeppermintHen, Jul 15, 2008.

1. PeppermintHen

PeppermintHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    I live in San Antonio,TX and would like to purchase 3 fertile white standard frizzled eggs. Breed does not matter just as long as they are not silkies. If you have "White Standard Frizzled chicken: eggs please let me know. Other colors are welcome but I'll take what I can get if no one has white. I want them fat and frizzled. Thanks -- Yvette

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I have a copper black marans roo that I think has the frizzle gene, as he showed it when he was a week or two old. I think he has modifier genes that inhibit the frizzle from showing, as he grew out of it. Here he is young,
    [​IMG]
    and here he is four months old, already wanting to earn his keep!
    [​IMG]

3. crazychickengirl

crazychickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Glenmont, Ohio
    I have a standard frizzled roo in with my hens right now. I've hatched out 3 of his babies (I have more in the incubator right now) and out of the three only one has been frizzled, and all have been white....so I'm assuming the white is dominant with him. I don't know what kind it is, but I'm assuming a cochin. If it doesn't matter what the hens are (ameraucana, RIRmix, and EE), I could send you some!

4. PeppermintHen

PeppermintHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    I found some off of ebay, may I keep you in mind for future frizzled eggs?

5. crazychickengirl

crazychickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Sure!! Good luck with your hatching! [​IMG]

6. Beanbag

Beanbag Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    South Georgia
    I thought I had heard that if you breed a frizzle to a frizzle that their feathers will be curly not frizzle and also brittle and easy to break. I was also told that to get a frizzle you breed a frizzle to a smooth feather and the frizzles you do get will be perfect frizzles, however you will never know if you will get any frizzles until they hatch and begin growing feathers. Could be all frizzles or all smooth feathers or both. I don't know if thats true or not, its just what I was told, but when you think about it, or at least when I think about it, it makes a whole lot of sense to me. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by