Wanted: Standard Partridge Cochin Adults

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by altwh, Apr 27, 2009.

1. altwh

altwh New Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    I am looking for a pair or trio of adult or soon to lay large or standard Partridge Cochins. Would also like to find adult trio of Speckled Sussex and Mottled Javas. Located here in Auburn, AL. Willing to drive a good distance to get them if available.

2. realmofthewoodsranch

realmofthewoodsranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Palintowne, Alaska
    I have a pair of LF partridge Cochins. The rooster needs some tender lovin care, he's permanantly unable to lift his left wing above horizontal because he was defending his ladies against a dog and of course, he was severely injured by said dog. I don't know how to ship chickens, but if you're willing to give it a try, I'll help you out!
    edited to add: They're both almost a year old. They'll be one year on May 5th. The hen is laying as far as I know. It's hard to tell with how many chickens I have.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  3. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    A good way to tell if a hen is laying - -

does she have missing fetahers from her back!!! If she does then she is laying!!

I have 4 partridge coshins but no roo to go with them

i am going to sell 2 of them for $12.00 each

I am going to use the other two for a frizzled roo...they lare large standard ladies and all of them are laying right now. this is their first laying season. they are about 8 months old.

I live in Leoma TN but will be in childersburg near Birmingham this weekend

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by