Wanted: Started Barred Rock Pullets in S.E. Central FLORIDA.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ERnoleGuy, Aug 31, 2009.

1. ERnoleGuy

ERnoleGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2009
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    I live in St. Petersburg, FL and am looking for possibly 2 started Barred Rock pullets. Laying or not. Laying would definitely be a plus though. Let me know if you are close by and have anything available. Or even anything similar, that is laying or close to laying, in good health, for sale.

If anyone wants a rooster (a Light Brahma) along with the transaction let me know. I may have one to get rid of.

2. Brad83

Brad83 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2009
    Bartow, FL
    I saw these 2 barred rocks on craigslist. I guess it would be about 1hr drive for you to Mulberry though. They might be what you are looking for...

http://lakeland.craigslist.org/grd/1351895710.html

If I had some extra $$ I would go look myself.

3. ERnoleGuy

Jul 17, 2009
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Ooooo! Thanks for that link. I can certainly make that drive. Now if only GMAIL were WORKING! AHHHH! I need to send an email and Gmail is my primary service. Dang GOOGLE!

4. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    All I have is a bantam barred. [​IMG]

5. ERnoleGuy

Jul 17, 2009
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Quote:Me=Jealous

6. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Quote:Me=Jealous

If you were closer I'd sell her to you. [​IMG]

7. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I think I've contacted you before about laying pullets, but I'm sorry I don't remember what you said. Let me offer again, if ever you're in Palm Beach County, please contact me to see the pullets I have for sale. They range in age from 15-20 weeks and there is a variety of standard breed layers to choose from. I have some Barred Rocks too, but they're only about 5 weeks old right now. Let me know what you're interested in getting.

8. Brad83

Aug 30, 2009
    Bartow, FL
    The craigslist link I posted for you to look at earlier is a add from a nice older lady. She does not have her own computer, so there is a delay in her responding to email. I just bought some quail chicks from her today, so that is how I know about her. [​IMG]
    I am sorry I totally forgot to ask her about the Barred Rocks she had. [​IMG] I had planned on it, but got too excited [​IMG] about my new chicks [​IMG] & I forgot....

9. ERnoleGuy

Jul 17, 2009
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Quote:GUESS WHAT! I bought the barred rocks! LOL. So crazy. What time were you there? I think I was there at like 1pm or something. I got there and she wasn't home, and I couldn't call her either. So I left a message, checked with her neighbors (which happened to be her son's house) and went around wasting time. She called me about 15 mins later. She had to run to the feed store. She even threw in one of her little white silkie mix bantams that is laying too. She was very sweet. Was her Cockatoo out when you got there? FUNNY STORY: I got there, and the bird is on the front porch (hes 15 years old, which is young) and he greets me with a "hello" then as I waked around shouting "Hello, is anyone home?" he kept hollering, HELLO, I'M HOME and I kept thinking that she was back and I just couldn't see her. It was hilarious. I got the bird on video on my phone just so I could show my friends. I saw they quail she had (over hanging by the rabbits) very cute. Thanks for your info Brad. Had it not been for you referring me to that post, I would have not found my lovely barred rocks.

Oh, and FYI. Her birds were very clean but I did see a few lice on the barred rocks. Not a problem to me in all honesty. Thats like me expecting to not find a flea on my dogs, even though I use Frontline Plus and Sentinel. Its FLORIDA! There are bugs. Nothing a quick dusting can't cure. Just make sure to do a check on yours, dust them or whatnot (I know nothing about quail) and take the proper biosecurity measures to keep your flock safe. Thanks again.

10. Brad83

Aug 30, 2009
    Bartow, FL
    [​IMG]

You are so welcome, I am glad I could help in the search!

I am so happy you got the Barred Rocks!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] LOL! I was there around 11:15am picking up the quail chicks. They are all cute and fuzzy [​IMG]
    Here are some pics of them after I got them home.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] That is soooo funny about the parrot it had me fooled the first time it said hello when I was walking toward her house. [​IMG] I said hello back expecting someone to be there & nobody was around. Then I saw the lady walking by the window in the trailer and realized the parrot was talking to me lol.

This is my first time with quail, so I am still learning about them. I got them in a brooder, so I am watching them closely. They are about 4 days old. I have to read up on how to treat them if I need too. I am reading like crazy to learn all about them lol. It is lots of fun!!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by