wanted: Sultan and Sumatra eggs or chicks (NJ)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenlisa, May 21, 2008.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I am so disappointed. None of the Sultan eggs that were sent to me hatched. Some partially developed, but at 4 days after day 21 (day 25-I'm so tired) I opened up 1, then another, then all 4 to see dead babies. Some only 1/2 way grown and a few all feathered and looking ready but gone already. I was good to not open the bator, so I don't know what happened.

So, I'm ISO eggs or chicks of these beautiful birds. I've got 1 hen and 2 Roos already, but for some reason the hen doesn't lay any good eggs. Once in awhile, she lays a soft (shell-less) egg. Anyways, I'd love to hatch out some Sultan babies, and also some Sumatra babies.I've got 3 hens but no roos of the Sumatras.

Can anyone help me?
    Lisa

2. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    chickenlisa,
    My friend hatched 13 Large fowl black sumatra chicks. PM me and I will see if he still wants to sell the chicks or he may sell his extra cock bird. That is if you can pick up in NE Pa. Harry

3. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Bantams or standards?

4. Serendipity

Serendipity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Maryland
    Lisa, I have black full sized Sumatras - if you are interested in some fertile eggs - I will have some eggs available in about one week. PM me and I will send details. They are beautiful and peaceful birds. We love our Sumatras. They are also dependable layers. [​IMG]

5. Shaffer

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Large Fowl Sumatras
    Ksacres,

Sorry, he is not interested in shipping any birds.

chickenlisa,
    Your mail box is filled for a PM. He said he wanted $10 each for the started chicks, they are fully feathered and housed outside right now. He has a minimum of 4 started chicks that he will sell up to 13 , he said that is this week only at that price. The male is not for sale. I am not available this Sat or Sun but am off Fri and Mon.

Hope that may help somewhat. Harry

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I was asking if chickenlisa wanted bantams or standards, lol I have a pair of bantam sumatras that are very very nice.

7. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Harry, is he pretty local too? How old are the chicks? Is $10 each a normal price for chicks? Let me know please, also I just cleaned out my PM inbox...
    Thanks
    Lisa
    PS- Standard sized Sultans and Sumatras....

8. Shaffer

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Lisa,
    He lives near me. He got his birds from me. They have some of Tom Kernan's blood in them. I don't really know what a fair price is for them but they are about 2 months old right now. They are outside right now and should be able to handle the weather unless there was less than 4 of them to keep them warm. These are Large Fowl black Sumatras. If you need any more information just ask. Harry

Lisa,
    Did you try Rob in Hellertown, Pa for some Sultans?

9. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Oh gosh, now I'm not sure what to do. I thought they were little baby chicks that I could plop in the brooder box with my current baby chicks. I have to think about that. I'd need a separate pen area for 2 month olds right now. No I don't know Rob in Hellertown...can you give me more info? I'd love to get LF Sultans-eggs or babies.
    Thanks
    Lisa

10. Shaffer

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Lisa,
    I will PM you my other e-mail address and you will have to email me there so I can forward his email address. HS

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by