Wanted - Sweetgrass Turkey poulets or hatching eggs in Fl or nearby

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by southernhen, Feb 14, 2009.

1. southernhen

southernhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Port St. Joe, Florida
    I am trying to find sweetgrass turkey poulets or hatching eggs. I have a hen but no friends. I live in florida panhanble but can travel in florida or surrounding states within reasonable distance or shipping is great too. Please, she is so lonley.

2. chickeepoo

chickeepoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Did you find a friend for your hen yet? I do have a FREE large RIR hen who might make a good companion- she didn't make it as an egg layer, but she's happy just to hang out w/ the girls and eat. PM me if interested, I'm in Orlando but I head to Gainesville monthly if you want to meet up/ pick up.

3. bloomnbeauty

bloomnbeauty Delux Cluxs

Sep 16, 2008
    N Florida
    I have some Bourbon Reds laying right now. If you're interested shoot me a pm.

edited cause I can't spell today

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  4. justinszoo

justinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    NW Ohio
  5. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Porter's has some poults available now but you gotta buy 10 of something to get them.

6. southernhen

southernhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Port St. Joe, Florida
    Thanks so much for the information on the turkeys. I had gotten some of the sweetwater turkey eggs last summer from a woman who raised them and she had them in 4h or ffa or something like that. Thought she might be on here too. I will take a look at porters, but 10 is probably a little more than what I could do right now. And the one turkey I have, I realized it is a hen not a tom....lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by