Wanted: Thanksgiving Day Food PIctures 2021

Are you cooking this year?

• Total voters
Pics
View attachment 2912631How do I domesticate a kitty?!?!

We caught this cutie pie outside my MIL's house. It's been living under her house for a while now.

Definitely not feral since it didn't hiss. Instead the poor thing is scared that we caught it. Keeps meowing a lot.

I figure I’ll feed it the good stuff so it knows we have good food and won’t want to run away.
Precious!!!

I feed them as much food as they need and show myself friendly. I did this with a few Toms on my property, they became pretty calm and wouldn't run away from me. They will just chill around me, they don't want me to touch them though. Some of my cats that I've had from kittens don't really like being petted either. It depends on the cat.

My personal problem is that the Toms are now attacking Tiffany (a fully grown five pound medium hair dilute calico that was found at McDonald's) and she's too small to defend herself. So now I'm trying to run them off but it's not working because they don't view me as a threat.

Aw! 🥰 Poor baby.
Are you planning on keeping outdoors?
Yes, strictly as an outdoor cat. (For now 😂) my husband doesn't want it indoors. Baby steps 😂

But I need to find a secure pen and house for it to live in for at least a few weeks so it gets used to us and doesn't try to run away since I’m pretty sure it will take off running once it gets the chance.

But I need to find a secure pen and house for it to live in for at least a few weeks so it gets used to us and doesn't try to run away since I’m pretty sure it will take off running once it gets the chance.
Yes, exactly. That's why I was asking. You want him (or her?) to get used to you and also associate your place as home.

Yes, exactly. That's why I was asking. You want him (or her?) to get used to you and also associate your place as home.
I haven’t checked if it's a boy or girl but I will first thing in the morning.

I need to find something secure. Wondering if a large dog crate would work but I dunno how flexible cats are and if they can squeeze through 🤔

I need to find something secure. Wondering if a large dog crate would work but I dunno how flexible cats are and if they can squeeze through 🤔
If it can get its head through an opening the rest of its body will find the way through.

Cats are pretty flexible since they don't have a collar bone. Like r2elk said, if the head can fit through (and the cat isn't overweight) it can squeeze through.
All the dog crates I have would contain a cat. Does yours have very wide spacing?

Cats are pretty flexible since they don't have a collar bone. Like r2elk said, if the head can fit through (and the cat isn't overweight) it can squeeze through.
All the dog crates I have would contain a cat. Does yours have very wide spacing?
I’ll have to check tomorrow. Hopefully it will hold it in to give me time to build it a larger pen. I wouldn't want it in a crate for weeks. Maybe a day or two but that’s about it.

Back
Top Bottom