Wanted: Thanksgiving Day Food PIctures 2021

Are you cooking this year?

• Total voters
Pics
It's likely male. Hope he settles in. Please get him vetted and fixed before turning him loose.
Yes, I do plan on getting it spayed/neutered before letting it free because we don't want more cats. And we don't want it to wander off if it's a boy.

How can you tell it's male? Is it because it's orange? Someone told me orange cats are usually male. Is that true?

Yes, I do plan on getting it spayed/neutered before letting it free because we don't want more cats. And we don't want it to wander off if it's a boy.

How can you tell it's male? Is it because it's orange? Someone told me orange cats are usually male. Is that true?
That and it didn't have any kittens while living at your MIL's place.

Usually yes. Only about 1 in 5 orange cats are female.
Intact males are pretty obvious due to the testicles.

Yep - because it's orange. Just like most calicos are female, most orange are male.

Yay! Glad you plan on getting it fixed.

Quick story
I was gifted two kittens years ago and was told one was a boy and the other was a girl. One was a calico (obviously a girl) and the other was an orange "boy". Took them to get fixed and was told upon picking them up that the bill would be extra...because there were two females, not a brother and sister like I had been told 🤔.
Unfortunately the orange girl was actually pregnant 😞

Here they are. The meanest/sweetest cats I've ever had.
20210219155247_IMG_0455_1.JPG
20210111121717_IMG_0058.JPG

Yay! Glad you plan on getting it fixed.

Quick story
I was gifted two kittens years ago and was told one was a boy and the other was a girl. One was a calico (obviously a girl) and the other was an orange "boy". Took them to get fixed and was told upon picking them up that the bill would be extra...because there were two females, not a brother and sister like I had been told 🤔.
Unfortunately the orange girl was actually pregnant 😞

Here they are. The meanest/sweetest cats I've ever had.
View attachment 2912669View attachment 2912670
I've also had a female orange tabby. She lived to be 19. Pretty sure it's because she was mean. ❤

I've also had a female orange tabby. She lived to be 19. Pretty sure it's because she was mean. ❤
My best friend over in Houston had a cat that was well into her twenties when she was killed by a raccoon. They live for a really long time!

Back
Top Bottom