Wanted to adopt- Boston Terrier UPDATE WITH PICS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hikerchick, Sep 15, 2009.

1. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    My daughter is still heartbroken over the loss of her Boston Terrier last April. We were thinking of trying to find a young female (we have a male dog and he doesn't like other males.) We have looked in the classifieds and on Craigslist and there dont' seem to be any around. I think she might consider another small breed, like a maltese or a bichon. Anyone in my area have small breed puppies?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Are you wanting to adopt or purchase? You may want to look at Petfinder.com and see the dogs available for adoption in your area.

3. hikerchick

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Quote:Adopt preferably. i don't want to support puppy mills; and I don't think I could pay what a reputable breeder would charge. I was hoping to give a home to a small young female dog. We tried petfinder and the closest dogs were in Maryland. I found that hard to believe, so I figured I would try here.

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Quote:Adopt preferably. i don't want to support puppy mills; and I don't think I could pay what a reputable breeder would charge. I was hoping to give a home to a small young female dog. We tried petfinder and the closest dogs were in Maryland. I found that hard to believe, so I figured I would try here.

PM Majestic Farm... she has contact with a nice shelter lady that needs homes for different breeds dogs and puppies. I know she just got a Boston but it has health problems but maybe there is another one around. I think the lady is in PA or MD, can't remember which.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  5. I lost my yorkie and tried the rescue, what I got was a mixed breed of undertermined orgin. that was half starved, she advertised him as a yorkie and had his rabies shot as a yorkie, but if h'e a yorkie,I can fly to NYC on hot air alone. Sorry but she totally ruined any thoughts of a rescue for me, and charged me $300.00 for him.Really didn't know just how bad I got took until I tried to clip some of the hair off him, which is what i always did for my yorkies, so they wouldn't be so hot and easier to brush. marrie

6. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    We just acquired a young male Boston terrier into our rescue. He was a stray, and no one has claimed him. He is black/brindle and white and a very nice boy. He goes to get neutered tomorrow. I don't have pix yet....

7. hikerchick

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Quote:Oh- thanks Carole. We really need a female because the boxer that we have does not like male dogs.I dont' want to cause anxiety for him. I don't want this to upset him in any way, so the closer we can come to the friend he lost, the better it will be for all of us, I think.

8. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    You can also contact breeders about young adults they may need to place. Sometimes they keep a pup for showing and then it doesn't turn out to be a showdog for whatever reason, but would make an excellent pet. These dogs are often discounted and they are more interested in finding them a good home since they can't keep them all.

Or here are a few other classified sites to try http://www.kijiji.com/ or http://www.hoobly.com/

9. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Just checking in to see how the hunt for the new addition is going. [​IMG]

10. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    oh and here is a picture of my Boston Gracie:

[​IMG]

We love everything about her (except for her heart murmur and her snoring)!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by