wanted to buy 6 laying or close to laying hens in virginia

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ashtray, Feb 15, 2009.

1. ashtray

ashtray Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Staunton VA
    MUST BE ABLE TO SHIP OR BE LOCAL ... let me know what you have

2. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

It would be helpful if we new what "local", or locale, you are in VA. [​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!

3. jhudson

jhudson Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2007
    va
    where are you located. I may have some.

4. ashtray

Feb 15, 2009
    Staunton VA
    my bad i though i had my location in my profile ...anyways i live in Staunton , Va . i am willing to drive 25 -30 miles to buy some birds . i am interested in marans, barnevelders ,leghorn , and rir but will consider others.. this is my first time raising birds and i want something that lays eggs often.................so i don't get discouraged lol

5. Beekissed

Check with Joel Salatin in Swoope! [​IMG]

6. ashtray

Feb 15, 2009
    Staunton VA
    Quote:yeah his number is private [​IMG] what breeds does he have

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  7. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    you are 2 hours from me....I have some Delaware pullets that hatched 12/10/08...I also have some RIRs that I will consider parting with if your interested.

8. ashtray

Feb 15, 2009
    Staunton VA
    Quote:i will keep you in mind ...... i would like to buy all the birds for one person so i do not have to quarantine the rir fro the other birds that i buy .... or doesw that really matter ? i am new to this

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  9. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    if you dont want to quarantine that makes sense. I have 2 RIR hens that are at laying age. One is laying right now. I have 3 (I believe all are pullets) that hatched on 1/1/09. I also have 5 Red Sexlinks that I have been considering getting rid of (I havent decided yet tho) they are at POL. Then there are 5 (give or take some) Delaware pullets that I am definitely getting rid of. I was gonna wait to get rid of the RIRs and Red Sexlinks until my other Dellie girls were laying, but if you are really interested I may part with them. Also you should definitely think about getting yourself some Red Sexlinks, they are a hybrid and are excellent layers!

10. Beekissed

Joel runs New Hampshire Reds and uses them for egg production. I bet he will have some older layers available somewhere as he normally culls at 2 years old. Still good layers then, but most folks in it for sheer production will start with a new flock around then.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by