Wanted to say hello~~ ^_^

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Donna the Noob, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Donna the Noob

Donna the Noob New Egg

Jan 11, 2013
    Hi there, my name's Donna and I live in Canterbury, New Zealand. I have just started looking after some chickens [​IMG]

I started off with 2 brown shavers(Sam & Wheezy) and 2 Barred Rock (Big Red and Timmy, names chosen by my 3 year old daughter), which were given to me by my art teacher.

They were lovely, but one turned out to be a rooster (wasn't obvious with a 1 year old barred rock), and so we couldn't keep him as he was crowing loud.

Then wheezy, one of the brown shavers, I discovered had an impacted crop. Think that's what it was called? Started as soon as I got her, that's why we called her wheezy. :( So I was forced to chop her head off with my spade in the evening, so she was sleepy. [​IMG]

Things have turned around now though for the better! lol
    Our Barred Rock (Timmy) hen became clucky so we gave her 4 silkie eggs and 3 faverolles to sit on. 3 Faverolles hateched but only 1 silkie. They are sooooo cute! The silkie is named Sparkles (which is a rooster I have learnt), and the faverolles are Banana, Popcorn and Carrot. My 3 year old also helped naming these. lol [​IMG]

Well...That's our little collection! Probably boring to any reader but they're a lot of fun to us. Carrot (who nearly drowned as a chick) is brave and jumps up on my lap and pecks on my arm. The silkie Sparkles is trying to crow and get frisky with the others. The mum picks on him a bit tho, probably because he's different being the only silkie?

Dunno.....ANYWAYS!! Thanks for having such a great site and I look forward to reading the threads and responses, as well as hopefully seeking a little help myself.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, Donna, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Love the chicken names! Good luck to you and your flock!

4. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Welcome from Ohio in the states!

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

Not boring at all here on BYC

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Donna, welcome to the BYC forum and community.

7. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Welcome to BYC!!! Glad you Joined [​IMG]

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by