Wanted to share metal Roo

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by flock-mama, Jun 30, 2008.

1. flock-mama

flock-mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Bayfield colorado
    My sister-in-law got this cute guy for Christmas a few years ago.

[​IMG]

I told her when she was sick of it I had to have it! It's about 4 ft tall.

2. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    I think that is cool. I also think the white christmas is cool too. I have never experienced a white christmas.

3. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I LOVE IT!!!! is she tired of it yet??

I just started collecting rooster and chicken items..

here is my first one all the way down at the bottom..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=9815

I need to replant the ivy in a wider, shallow pot.. I will have to put that on my do list..

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  4. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    That is one neat rooster! I have toyed with the idea of picking up chicken yard decorations but I don't know if my hubby would approve. [​IMG]

Corelle has chicken dishes that I am considering. http://corelle.com/index.asp?pageId=108&pid=367

5. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    I got this for Mothers Day ........ I love it [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. cyanne

cyanne Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Quote:Hey! I just bought one of those, too!

I've been watching them for a while, wanting one, but they were $30 at Wal Mart and I couldn't justify spending that much one something so frivolous (for me anyway!). Anywho, I went in recently and they had marked them down half price so I snagged one! [​IMG]

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it, though...wanted to put in the chicken run as my 'flock rooster', but the hubby is worried about it getting dirty and faded. Mebbe I will put it in my flower garden...

7. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    My Roo is scared to death of it and took off running in the other direction.

8. flock-mama

flock-mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Bayfield colorado
    Very cute stuff guys! I have a BIG collection of lots of Roosters and chickens, also lots of suns and moons, too bad it all gets dusty living in the country!

No she isn't sick of it yet, and she got it as a gift so I don't know where to get one. [​IMG]

I will have to check my Walmart for one of those Roosters!

smom1976, I like the detailed page on your coop too, very nice! The bottom pic didn't show up. I would love to see it!

Now every year her and her friend trade TACKY GIFTS, I don't think this is tacky at all. She likes it. So last year she recieved a coffee table that was shaped as a sumo wrestler. Now that one might be tacky! lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by