1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted to share my roos trash can bed..LOL

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Teresaann24, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Just wanted to share my pics of my roo enjoying his trash can bed. I didn't have much around and didnt have time to build anything so I found this trash can we use to recycle things and made it his new bed he loves it..LOL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. windtryst

windtryst Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Cute, mine loves a hanging basket...

3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Nothing wrong with dat! For my Cornish x in their hutch I placed a tote on its side so to shield them from the breeze and they loved it! Even after they got to big, they would sit in front of it at night, tails pointed out!
    Hey, these buggers aren't all that picky, never have I heard a chicken complain about the spring cleaning nor the roof that was over there heads...may be that we need more chickens...less in laws! woohoooo [​IMG]

4. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Very creative thinking...He does seem to enjoy his privacy and warmth... [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  5. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh what a cute little guy!! He is very pretty for an evil Silkie ...hehe

6. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    LOL, Yes he does love it he is in a pen by himself because he was eating my hens eggs. I rehomed him with my aunt he was there for a couple of days and I wanted him back I missed him too much. So I went back and got him and built him his own place. I just finished it yesterday he is taking it well being alone and calls the chicks to eat that are in a seperate cage from him..LOL He is a good boy and this is the first time he had ever ate any of my broodys eggs. So now I know so next time I will be a little bit more careful thats if i ever use him for a breeder anymore.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by