1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted to show off a few of my week old brats. :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, Jun 3, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    4 of the 10, actually. The others were not cooperating for pictures. I hatched these little beauties about a week ago. Their father was a Golden Campine and I will tell the mothers with the pics.

These first two are the ones who look most promising for looking like their father. They are from my RIR hen.

The one in the front is Susan, the other is not yet named.
    [​IMG]

In this pic, the first one is from my red Sex Link, her name is Samantha, the second from my White Leghorn and not yet named.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, they are just too sweet and I wanted to show off the little monsters. [​IMG]

Oh, and yeah, Samantha really is PINK(ish)!!!!! Not counting on it lasting but I sure wish it would!!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  2. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    They are cute

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Cuteness overload! Congrats

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Cuties [​IMG]

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Very sweet! [​IMG] WOW! A pink chick. My daughter would think she had died and gone to heaven if I came home with one of those! [​IMG]

6. Coop-a-kick

Coop-a-kick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2008
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    Susan and her sibling are adorable! I love the expression on the white chick in the second picture. [​IMG]

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks guys. [​IMG] I am really proud of the little monsters. Yeh, I was thinking Samantha would make the perfect chick for a little girl. LOL However, she belongs to my 11 y/o son who is not, thankfully, the least bit offended that she is pink!!!! [​IMG]

8. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    They are so cute. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] a smiley for each one that cooperated with the camera. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by