Wanted to strangle, or bribe, or blackmail, a student today...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Oct 31, 2008.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    This morning one of my students came in, he's a little sweetie, really! He's very petite, he's in 6th grade but the size of most Kinders. Anyway,,, he comes in and says: "Ms. Livingston!! Guess what!!!! My dad bought an incubator last night. He wants to know if you'll show him how to use it?" So I said of course, I wouldn't mind at all. Then I asked what kind it was and where it came from. He tells me Wal Mart in Las Cruces. I'm thinking uh oh,, bet's a little yucky one,,, not gonna work,,, you know,,, all that negative stuff. So he starts trying to show me how big it is, holding out his arms and saying it's white, and made out of the stuff coolers are. So I start thinking,, "Since when does Wally World carry LGs,,?? maybe?" So the kids calls dad and tells him to bring it to school so I can see it. About half an hour later he walks in with a Hovabator! Fan, forced air, turner,, the whole nine yards,, a reallllllly nice bator! Then I croaked. It had a clearance sticker on it, from Wally World... for $30!!! I asked him if there were anymore there? He said they have several, they were ordered by accident and they needed to get rid of them for room for the Christmas decorations and such. I called the Wal Mart and asked if they had any more, they said they still had 2, he had started with about 20 but didn't know what to do with them, had never had them in stock before and just wanted them gone so he marked them at 30 in hopes if getting rid of a few. He couldn't believe one man bought 8 of them! I'm thinking they'll be on Ebay tonight if not already. I don't need another one, but if I was in Cruces I'd have another one at that price!

2. Jessika

Jessika Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    Oh my gosh!! What a price!!

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ok that is almost unbelievable!!! Talk about strange!

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Thats a steal of a price! Wished mine carried that one!

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Our Wal Marts never carry bators that I've seen, he didn't say what he thought was being ordered just that it was a mistake. I never get lucky enough to walk in on something like that.

6. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW! [​IMG]

7. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep, I would have bought a bunch to sell on ebay too!! How come that stuff never happens to me?? The funny thing is 99% of of Wally World customers wouldn't give it a second look!! [​IMG]

8. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I would have bought a bunch but they would not be on ebay. Hmmm.. do I have enough room to run 8 bators filled with eggs? Nope!

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Wow. I just got another incubator, a Hovbator with turner and fan for $45 and I thought THAT was a steal!! You should have picked one up, cant have too many incubators,lol.[​IMG]

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Quote:The only reason they took a second look is because we've been discussing the classroom hatches! I just don't get why they didn't call me darn it,, they all have my cell phone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by