1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted to trade for my buff cochins?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by asher, Apr 22, 2008.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I am looking for adult black, blue or splash cochins OR black, splash or buff silkies (not hatchery quality) for my trio of adult bantam buff cochins. The roo molted back with some black in his tail, but is gorgeous and his offspring have all grown out beautifully from what I have been told.

Prefer to see pictures of what I would be receiving. Would like to note that anything I traded for would be raised with children (so no mean roos, etc. please) and will also be used in the program that I am trying to start in the schools which is one of the reasons I am going towards these two breeds.

(I am in Western NC and prefer NOT to ship as it can get confusing (and expensive) with trades.)

Here are camera phone pictures ~ please note the girls just got off being broody before these pictures, but are back to an egg a day regular already.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Oh Cindy! Not your beautiful buff cochins! You got those from which show again??? I wish I had some of my blues or blacks to spare. These have always been the most lovely buffs to me!

Stacy

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Thanks Stacy. I don't even remember which breeder they are from. [​IMG] I am bad about names, they all tend to blend together.

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:GORGEOUS birds! [​IMG] Too bad you're on the other side of the U.S....although I don't have anything to trade...but those are pretty, pretty birds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by