WANTED TO TRADE or BUY, BANTAM DUCK EGGS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Rare bantam ducks or hatching eggs...

I have THREE broody muscovies and only so many Muscovy eggs--so I'd like to slip something else under them...

Black East Indies (or blue)
    Silky ducks (I am ready to try these again)
    Mini Appleyards (either color)
    Mini Overbergs

Or anything else rare & in need of work...

Thank you!

~Heather

I'll trade Muscovy eggs or chicken eggs. Thanks!

2. SFIcelandics

SFIcelandics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2009
    Quote:If my mini appleyards were still laying i'd give it a go, but I let all the hens go broody with their last clutch! :)

Nate

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Do they pick up again in the fall like others? My muscovies that aren't broody right now or aren't raising ducklings have started laying like crazy again...I think it's the cooler weather & rain!

4. SFIcelandics

SFIcelandics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2009
    Quote:I just got them last year from Holderreads, but I think they are done for the year... None of my ducks have laid for quite a while, but they all still have ducklings with them,e ven tho the ducklings are pretty much adults now. If they do I will let you know.

Nate

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:I just got them last year from Holderreads, but I think they are done for the year... None of my ducks have laid for quite a while, but they all still have ducklings with them,e ven tho the ducklings are pretty much adults now. If they do I will let you know.

Nate

OKay and I'm on several lists with Holderread's (BEI's, white silky ducks & mini appleyards)--so if I can, I'm trying for at least a pair of one of those breeds but they won't have any for another month or so...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by